Pacific Church Network was formerly known as the Conservative Baptist Association (CB) of Southern California. We started in 1954 as an association of churches and ministries coming together to defend and promote the gospel of Jesus Christ. In 2013, as a part of the adoption of a new vision, we formally became known as Pacific Church Network.
Who We Are
Pacific Church Network is a partnership of many ethnically and culturally diverse churches. The churches that make up Pacific Church Network are committed to a common statement of faith and to participation together toward the advance of the gospel. Pacific Church Network churches partner together to Equip each other, Encourage each other, and Establish new churches together. Pacific Church Network is led by a board of our Pastors, is governed by agreed upon bylaws, and is funded by our member churches.
The mission of Pacific Church Network, a community of churches and ministries under the Lordship of Jesus Christ, is to bring all peoples to new life and maturity in Christ.
To work together to develop biblical churches that are spiritually alive, culturally relevant, unified in spirit, mobilized for ministry, expressing compassion for the whole person, sensitive to the needs of all people, and aggressive in evangelism and church planting throughout the world.
Pacific Church Network Leadership is committed to providing:
- Training of Board members to become more effective in ministry
- Assist your church through a church health assessment
- Provide a listening ear for Pastors and church leaders
- Training events
- Coaching, Staffing referral service
- Church Consulting
- Legal Support
- Ordination process and certification
- Support in pastoral search process
- Pulpit supply
- Interim pastors
- Mediation and conflict resolution
- Annual Pastors and Wives Retreat
- Mentor Groups for Pastors
- Retreats for Men and Women
- Guidance and assistance for church bookkeeping
- Communication Newsletter, Facebook
- Guidance on legal issues
- Administrative and operational support
- Available for financial questions
- Our association's retirement plan saves you on current income taxes and lets you build a retirement account that will bring financial peace in your retirement years.
Your affiliation with us identifies you with:
- Our doctrinal beliefs
- Chaplaincy program with men and women serving our armed forces around the world
- Education institutions such as Western Seminary and Southwestern College.
- Mission organizations WorldVenture & Missions Door
- Discounts offered on Pacific Church Networks sponsored events
- Start four (4) churches every year
- Church planting Infrastructure
- Church plant funding
Pacific Church Network Member Churches commit to:
THEOLOGICAL ALIGNMENT: We commit to the Statement of Faith.
FINANCIAL PARTNERSHIP: We commit to give a significant monetary contribution each year to support Pacific Church Network. All new church plants commit 5% of received offerings beginning at their public launch. Churches often ask for a guideline for giving. If the total giving of all PCN churches together averaged between 2% -5% of their operating budges, this would provide a strong financial foundation to further our mission. This guideline is suggestive for congregations but not mandatory.
NETWORK PARTICIPATION: We commit to support and encourage each other, partner together as churches to become more effective in serving our Lord and resource each other in order to continuously grow in our leadership and ministry effectiveness.
COVENANT: We are asking all churches who wish to participate in our network to sign a covenant with us. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for the covenant.
How to Join our Network
We would encourage you to seriously consider joining our network. Our goal is to encourage and equip churches in all ways for the glory of God. Our vision is to work together to develop biblical churches that are spiritually alive, culturally relevant, unified in spirit, mobilized for ministry, expressing compassion for the whole person, sensitive to the needs of all people, and aggressive in evangelism and church planting throughout the world.